Monday, August 2, 2010

I LOVE little stuff!! ...And Candy!


So the Petal Card Punch was one of my first purchases in the new catalog! Then when I got it and realized how small the actual punched piece was, I was a little stumped for what to do with it! But then I saw that another demonstrator stuck it together along three sides (like I did here), and she put a miniatures candy in it (I think like a Snickers or Three Muskateers mini). Well, I made one and the candy didn't fit in it that well for me - it was little chunky to squeeze in.

So I've been on the hunt for "skinnier" candy - but it had to be 1" wide or less! The silly little things I do!! - Oh well, IT IS all about the candy!!


....And I did find candies that fit in it that I like!! ....And I had a lot of fun decorating the outsides too! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the little things that I used to decorate these!


This one has a Crystal Light Cherry Pomegranate hard candy in it (You know for those days that you try to be "good" about eating candy - It's sugar free, 50% fewer calories than regular hard candy, has antioxidants, vitamins A, C and E - ya, ya, ya - why bother huh?).

Then for the outside I used the Flower Fusion Sizzlit (Love this!) in Daffodil, and the Little Leaves Sizzlit in Pear. And it Needed a tag from the Tiny Tags set - how fun huh?



Then I made a quick one out of Baja Breeze - and along with my favorite color cardstock, I had to put in one of my favorite candies - and YESSS! I found it in a miniature size - a Heath Bar! And, No.... it isn't sugar free, or low calorie, or full of vitamins - well, maybe calcium in the milk - you know, "milk" chocolate!

OK, anyway, I used the Just Believe set and the Fabulous Phrases (lovin' that font style!). And, I used the super sweet Chantillly crochet trim.

By the way, the quarter is there so you can see how small these really are!



And this third one I made with the flower brad (and it has a self-adhesive Rhinestone jewel on the center - I just love what those do for the flower brads!). I used the stem/leaves piece from the Cheep Talk set. And inside this one, the good old, Hershey's Nuggets fit inside! I should buy stock in that company - those Nuggets just work in all our projects!! And they're perfect for wrapping with a 1" x 3" scrap of DSP!

I used lots of scraps for all these little guys! They were so fun to make!


Julie

4 comments:

Mary Cavalier said...

Those are so cute! Love your ideas.

KMurray said...

Julie you do this so well!

Shari Winterstein said...

These are adorable. Thanks for blessing my evening. :)

Crystal said...

Juuuulie...you've just made me want the punch that I was sure I didn't want!!! ;-b tfs