Thursday, February 18, 2010

Voila!



I bought this set probably over a year ago, and I think I've used it once. I had a recipe card project in mind, but that hasn't come to be - yet!? So, then I did use it once for a card I guess. Anyway, my daughter is turning into a really good chef, and getting into cooking. So I had bought her a cookbook that I was going to mail to her as a gift, and I remembered that I had this set - and "Voila!" it was all ready to go for a card to send her too!


I even splurged, and used some textured Going Gray cardstock for the card base. Not sure why there are certain supplies that I still hoard, and only save for "special cards," but the textured cardstock is one of those supplies. I Love the textured cardstock; it's like having a background already into your card. Then I used the paper piecing technique to add color to his uniform. I used the Thoroughly Modern DSP. And, I added a saying from the Sale-A-Bration set, Whimsical Words.

Hope you're having a great week!

Julie

1 comment:

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

This is a cute card Julie and now your my MIL upline hehehe...I'm now officially a Tastefully Simple girl too! LOL! Hope to see you on the 27th ..
Mandy