Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sneak Peek for Friday's Class!


So here's one of the cards we'll be making at the Technique class this Friday. It's a sorta copycat from a card I saw at the Leadership Conference - another one that my friend got, and I didn't, but I had a picture of it! Then I changed it up a bit too! Anyway, I really like it in person - the softness of the sponged ink on the stencil image is just kind of striking to me. Definitely nothing difficult about making this card! But I just liked it and wanted to pass on the idea!

This first picture has the Well Scripted saying stamped in the open space - and I think that looks great! Super quick, punch in a little "bling brad" and layer it up - Wah Lah!


Then in my usual "indecisiveness" about what looks best, I thought maybe a tagged saying would give it some more dimension and look like a little more. So that's this second version. By the way, when you come to class, you can make either version! So I used the Sale-A-Bration set Vintage Labels, along with the wide oval punch and the new jewelry tag punch to try and change it up a little.


So, I'm still not decided on which I like better, but I think I'm leaning toward the quick-stamped Well Scripted Happy Birthday. But like I said, you'll have the choice to make whichever one you like!

Also, the technique is just "Stenciled Ink," where we just sponge color onto the cardfront - pretty easy. But I really like this new set of Decor Stencils - you might not have even noticed them! They are from the Occasions Mini Catalog, and are called "Folk Flowers." I would typically look at stencils and think that you would use them on a wall or other bigger kind of project - But I like them for cards now that I've seen them used that way!

Hope to see you this Friday!


Julie

3 comments:

Agustina said...

Wow!! This card looks so beautiful, the colors are just wonderful. I am looking forward to meeting you and attending your class on Friday.

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

Great Job Julie!!! Love it!!!!
Mandy

KMurray said...

great