Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Triple Shot of Stars!


I've been busy making swaps and random stuff for Convention, but I needed to make something away from the 'swap stuff!'



So I found this Sketch Challenge over at Connie and Mary's, and I decided to play along (before the linky closes!). I wanted to use some of the left-over pieces I had from some of the projects I was working on - so that's why I used the stars. By the way, with no star punches now, I used the Stars #2 Big Shot Die. With my Big Shot sitting out all the time, it's really no big deal to use the Big Shot versus the punches - so that was cool!



Here's a closer look at the stars - the Big Shot die actually makes nice sizes for layers! The colors here are Island Indigo for the larger, and Cherry Cobbler with Cherry Cobbler Designer Patterns Papers. And, I actually had two of these Bitty Buttons on my desk, already tied with Linen thread - so I made a third to add to the card!



And here's a copy of what I did for the saying on my card yesterday. I kind of like this subtle addition with the Word Window punch and the Fabulous Phrases 'thanks.' And, of course, had to add some Rhinestones!


Well, better get back to my mass productions for Convention ~


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie

6 comments:

Deb said...

This is really a great card! I love the stars and the colors are wonderful! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Victoria said...

Oh my goodness the stars are wonderful! I absolutely adore the bitty buttons and can't wait to get some:)

Mary Brown said...

Oh my word this is just DELIGHTFUL!!! I love all the detail on your stars...especially the additional of the buttons. They are small but are always such a great addition! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

Strikingly similar to my card for this challenge...great minds think alike! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the stars...and the buttons are SO cute with it! Great idea with the Word Window, too! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Linda Fisher said...

Another great card for sure! I love the use of the DSP a great way to put some scraps to work. Really CUTE!