Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Beau Chateau Beauty!


I made this card for the Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge today. I knew I wanted to use the new Beau Chateau Designer Papers (I just think these are to-die-for!!). The colors are so pretty - Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist and Very Vanilla.



So as I was cutting and creating, I decided to use this cool rooster for the focal piece of the card - and guess what stamp set it comes from??

None! It's an image from the Designer Papers pack. I think that's actually kinda cool that I didn't even have to stamp the image!!



But sheesh, you can't make a card without ANY stamping - so I added a jewelry tag with a "friends" from the Tiny Tags set. And kind of subtly stamped behind the friends is a scroll-y image that actually matches the scroll-y image on the papers - sweet, huh?


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie

11 comments:

Ruthie said...

love the softness of this card! very pretty!

Debbie Henderson said...

Lovely use of the DSP. You had me fooled with the hen image. I thought it was stamped! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Way to use that DSP! I loved the rooster on it, too! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the softness and the vintage feel. Pretty, yummy colors. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh so soft and beautiful! Gorgeous way to feature these stunning papers! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

LOVE it! The colours you chose are so pretty and I love the use of the rooster image. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week!

Deb said...

Oh!!! This is so lovely!! I just love this look and I love this paper! And I think it is so clever to use the dsp for the focal point! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

LeAnne said...

I love this paper, too---what a great way to highlight it!

Lesley said...

Awesome card! Love that you used the DSP in this way!!

Mary Brown said...

LOVE your colors on this...so soft! I have a tough time with this style and you did it BEAUTIFULLY!!! Thanks for joining us this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Julie Marshall said...

This is a beauty! Love the colors and the design. TFS.