Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Perfect Little Piggie!


I decided to take a break from my swap stuff for a few and try the Stamping 411 Challenge! I always like their sketches!



Here's a look at the sketch!



And always when I'm trying to make a simple, but nice card, I like to go for a monochromatic look. So, this little Blushing Bride piggie comes from the new set Button Buddies. It's a super fun set - all the images have a spot (or two) where a button would fit nice. - Makes for an easy add of an embellishment with not a lot of thinking! Right up my alley today!!

The little 'hello' comes from the Happy Greetings set in the Summer Mini, and it's punched out with the Word Window punch.



And here's the back side of the piggie part before I put all the parts together. But I wanted to show you that the scalloped circle is the one from the Perfect Pennant Big Shot die! Cool, huh? And the piggie was stamped onto a 2 1/2" circle, which layers perfectly onto the scallop circle piece!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie

7 comments:

Jill said...

Just adorable!

Jen Mitchell said...

That is so cute! I love the monochromatic look!

Denise Willerton said...

wonderful monochromatic card Julie ~ so clean, simple and FUN!!! I can't wait to get my die ~ have a wonderful week and thanks for playing along with stamping 411 this week!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

I love him! I can't wait to try this set! My expedited order ended up on a broken down Fed Ex plane though so I am still waiting:(

Selene Kempton said...

Absolutely adorable! I love that this piggy is just the right shade of monochromatic cuteness! :D

Erika Clark said...

*Gasp* Your card is so cute, that's the perfect shade of pink for a sweet piggy. Great work!

Linda Fisher said...

And this little PIGGY said win win win all the way home!!! ADORABLE...