Thursday, March 18, 2010

Very Versatile Bird Punch!


Here's another card I've been wanting to make to show how versatile the Bird Punch is! The flower petals and flower buds are really the bird wing piece from the new Bird Punch. Lovin' it!! From previous posts, I've used the punch to make the bird on a branch (the obvious use), and a bunch of tulips (a little out of the box use), and now this flower with buds and vines (another out of the box use). I found this idea from a master with punches stamper, Jackie Topa (she has some amazing ideas with our punches!).

So the colors are Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand and Pretty in Pink (sponged with Regal Rose). I used the Stampin' Up! Flourish Texturz Plate, of course it was first spritzed with Shimmer Spray! I added a Boho Blossom punched flower and a 5/16" white brad for the flower center. And, I added "wonderful mother" from my new favorite set Well Scripted, and punched with the Wide Oval. And, finally I added a knotted scrap of 5/8" Whisper White Satin Ribbon.


Happy Stampin',

Julie


2 comments:

Crystal said...

Very pretty and elegant! :) tfs

Pam Speidel said...

Unbelievable! In a million years, I would never have thought of this use for the bird punch!! Love it!!