Monday, March 15, 2010

Scallops, Scallops, Scallops...


I've been wanting to try a scallop border trim layer. I used both the scallop border trim punch and the coordinating scallop trim corner punch. It is definitely not a set of punches for the beginner! The scallop trim border punch alone is awesome - LOVE it and Easy! But I will admit that adding the corner punch takes some practice, or maybe a lot of practice. There are certain specific measurements that it works with, and you do have to have patience to make it right! Other blogs have a bunch of measurements that make it come out even. Email me if you want some hints!


I do like how the simplicity of the layers of the card ended up. I used Kraft and Rich Razzleberry to keep it sort of monochromatic. I used the Great Friend set saying, "for you" in Chocolate Chip. I also added a Polka Dot Impressions background for some texture. And, I used the Beautiful Wings embosslit for the butterfly, along with some linen thread for its antennae.



Thanks for stopping by,


Julie

No comments: