Thursday, September 13, 2012

Quick n Easy Birthday Card for a Boy!



Here's a quick and easy birthday card I made for my my nephew.  Such a hard age to make an appropriate 'boy' card - 11.  So I went with Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse - kinda boyish?!  And, not sure if you can tell, but I used Whisper White - and embossed the background with the Stripes Embossing Folder.  And then I just made lots of 'dots,' or punched circles (Itty Bitty circle, 3/4" circle, and the 1-1/4" circle) to add to the background.

  

Then I added a piece of the Summer Starfruit Dotted DSP and the Happy Birthday from 'You're Amazing.'  I used the Apothecary Accents to die cut the happy birthday, and then cut off the right side 'half circle' before "dimensionaling' it onto the card front!

And, yep, I added a little plain ol' white baker's twine bow (trying to keep still boyish!).  

Thanks for stopping by,


Julie B

1 comment:

Linda said...

Dimensionaling?.....Love it!!