Sunday, August 21, 2011

Farewell to the Open Sea!


I made this card today for my husband for his birthday. I used the set Open Sea, which will soon be gone! It's in the Summer Mini Catalog that ends on August 31st. I think it's a great 'must-have' set for masculine cards! And it has the awesome 'Nautical Expedition' Designer Papers that coordinate with it.



But one of my favorite things that I figured out while making this card was that Watercolor Paper is a MUST for watercoloring! I've watercolored plenty of images, and I've always tried to skimp and use our (awesome) Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstocks (which they are THE BEST for stamping clean images). I guess I was being kind of cheap to not buy the Watercolor paper. But, man is it worth it!!

I'm definitely a student of watercoloring - meaning I'm no expert. But seriously, the Watercolor Paper makes it so much nicer! Put a little or a lot of color on your image, and the paper lets you move the color around. You can add more water to lighten it, or add more color to darken it. You can even add different colors on top of each other. It's very forgiving - you just gotta have some on hand!!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie




1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.