Monday, May 16, 2011

Congrats Alex!


Today I made this card for Alex. I used the Sketch Challenge from Mojo Monday to help me with a layout idea.

Here's the Sketch I tried to follow!




I used a saying from the new Happy Greetings set, and the background paper is from the Nautical Expedition DSP pack.




I also used the Seeing Stars set to make the Not Quite Navy stamped star. The other stars are from the Stars #2 Big Shot die. Don't know if you can see, but I sponged most of the parts with Crumb Cake too - it just toned things down a bit!


Here's a picture of Alex going up to receive his award. He got an academic award for achievement in English. The awards were a surprise to the kids receiving them, but as parents we were told about it on Friday so we could plan to go to the assembly and watch. Right now he has straight A's in all of his classes - I'm so proud of him!

So I made this card for him, but I didn't give it to him at the assembly this morning - I didn't want to embarrass him! Actually I'm not really even sure that he saw that his dad and I were there! I'm going to give it to him after school though.


Hope you had a happy Monday,


Julie

4 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

what a stunning card!!!

Cori Kozak said...

Cute card! Love it!

Agustina said...

Great card, and Congrats to Alex!!

Kim O'Connell said...

Fantastic card! Love your take on the sketch! It jumped out at me from the Mojo Monday entries!