Tuesday, January 29, 2013

This Friday's Boutique Box Beauty!


Here's the little project we'll be making this Friday at class. It starts with the Boutique Boxes Designer Printed Kit. I added a few extra touches, but most of it is included in the pre-made kit. I really like the Soda Pop Top accent on the little box - it was something I had planned for last month, but I didn't get my order in time. So I'm glad that we'll be adding that little technique to the project! And the shine of the Soda Pop Top really 'pops' the project! :)

The little note card is included in the kit too - and they're the perfect size for a gift card. Of course, a good gift needs some kind of sweet treat - so the little peppermint patty is simply wrapped with a coordinating piece of Summer Starfruit Designer Patterned Paper. And both the little note card and the candy both fit into the box!
    

You can just tuck the flap into the box to close it, but I did a little 'trick' on the back. I used a Dimensional on the bottom half of one of the (kit included) little scallops. I stuck it on the back so that the flap will just tuck under the top half. 
 

I thought that little finishing touch makes the back look cute too!

I hope to see you at class this Friday!


Julie B 

1 comment:

Linda said...

This is a great little set! Maybe it's because I love peppermint patties so much - haha. I might have to get this box kit and play around with it. Of course I'll be casing the patty cover!!!!