Saturday, March 26, 2011

Showers of Flowers!


The last couple of days my daughter and I have been working on centerpieces for the shower she's hosting. Honestly, I like doing the little stuff, like the favors. But when it comes to the big stuff, I usually put it off till last. I guess I work better under pressure?! - So since this is the last weekend before her big event, here we are making the big part - the centerpieces!

Even though it's the big part, it is just lots of little things - so that's kind of how we approached it. I started with the colors of cardstock and a few designer papers that went with the theme (and the buckets and pinwheel we got). Then we just punched out a bunch of flowers and started layering. Really, since it was Jessie's project, I did lots of punching out, and she did lots of layering!


I like how the flowers were coming out, and the sizes were fitting good (the buckets were from the Target dollar spot - but they are the $2.50 size, a better larger size for what she needed. But what's with Target, slipping in $2.50 items in the $1 spot these days?! Ha ha!). Anyway, it seemed like lots of flat, and one-sided kind of things for a round-table centerpiece. So, at maybe midnight last night, my creation was to use the clear ornaments and put crinkly paper in them.


Here's a closer up of the crinkly paper ornament balls. I kinda like how they fill the space, with a 3-D effect!


This picture shows another side of some of the other flowers. All together, each bucket has 5 large flowers, 4 littler flowers and 3 ornaments.

And one of the final "filler ideas" for some of the in-between spaces was (my mom's idea) to put some tulle ribbon. I like how it lightly fills in the space and is easy to just smoosh it in where you want it!



Well, off to finish putting them all together!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie



2 comments:

Judy said...

Julie & Jessie, Those look really cute!!! The shower should be a huge success. Judy

Unknown said...

These are wonderful! TFS!