Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Chopped" Petal Cone


I'm so excited about this little version of the Petal Cone die!! It might be a little "disguised" under the big flower boutonniere (yes, I did have to go to dictionary.com for the spelling!) - or is that a corsage? Seriously though, doesn't the Fun Flower look like it should be on your daughter's wrist for Prom? Maybe I got a little carried away...

But, then again, maybe there's a new line of business for us papercrafters! :) OK, here's a little closer look at the flower from the top - not that you couldn't see it in the first picture. But, I did add a little Soft Suede sponging and some Shimmer Spray - sponge and spray makes it so much prettier!!

And, finally here's a side view of the "Chopped" Petal Cone - I absolutely Love this little version. While it's flat, and before assembling the pieces, you chop the bottom parts off and score and fold to make it a flat bottom.

What a great place-setting treat! Hard to see, but I did use Vanilla for the scalloped top (and sponged with Soft Suede) - I really like that part, but better to see in person! And I used the set Clearly for You (Lovin' that set now!).


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie

4 comments:

Colleen G said...

Love this! So cute! And that die cut is a must have!!!

Dale Morin said...

Very cute idea. TFS

cathy said...

This is soooo beautiful, Julie. Thanks for sharing! I would not have thought of altering the cone - thanks for that, too!

Debbie Martin said...

Love it! I had thought about cutting it off to make a box, but you beat me to it. TFS