Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Little Luck O' the Irish!







Here's a card I made the other day with my favorite "centered layout." Sometimes it's good to go back to your familiar layout and just use different sets and colors. Like a good old comfortable feel!! Anyway, I used the Heart to Heart Punch and made four of the little hearts from Kiwi Kiss cardstock. I even used a scrap edge from one of the larger hearts that just kinda "happened" as I was punching small hearts. It created the stem piece, although you could just trim a piece with your paper snips! I put all those pieces together to make my shamrock. Kinda cool how Valentines can be transformed right into St. Patrick's Day clovers huh?!! Same punches different colored cardstock! And, I did use the saying from the St.Patrick's set, "Pinch Proof." But if you didn't have the set you could always use 'Good Luck' from the Sincere Salutations set or Fundamental Phrases set, or use an alphabet set to spell 'Lucky.' You don't always have to have a particular Occasions set to create a holiday set, just a little imagination!
















I also used the Small and Large Tag Punches, the Eyelet Border Punch, Basic Gray Taffeta, a Clear Rhinestone Brad and Kiwi Kiss Designer Series Papers. And, of course, lots of Stampin' Dimensionals!








Have a good one!









Julie

No comments: