Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Toxic Treacherous Treat and a Tutorial!


When I got the must-have Oval Accent Bigz die, I had so many ideas for it.  Then it got set aside, and neglected... until the other day!  I came across it, and realized all the plans I had for it - so I busted it out!

Because the Oval Accent is a large enough piece, I knew it could make a great fold-over treat. And with Halloween coming up soon, I decided to use the Toxic Treats and Howlstooth and Scaringbone paper to decorate it!

And here's a quick tutorial on how it came together! 


After die-cutting the Oval Accent, lay it on the Simply Scored so that the little right-angle corners are lined up with 1-1/4" and 4-1/4" (when they are, you'll know that the piece is lined up evenly on the board). Then score just at 2-1/4" and 3-1/4".
 

Then run the piece through the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, and fold on the score lines you made.  Use Glue Dots to place Pumpkin Spice Kisses (my favorite!) in the 1" center.
 

Close the top edges and punch a hole through it.  Use a small scrap of ribbon to tie it together.
 

I glued a 5/8"-wide piece of Howlstooth and Scaringbone paper, about 4" long, cut 'fishtail' on the ends.  

Then I stamped the the Toxic Treats image onto Crumb Cake.  I sponged the center with Pumpkin Pie ink, and die cut it with the Framelits Label Collection.  Then I cut it just below the cat!  And finally I used Dimensionals to stick that on!

It's definitely one of those treats you could make a bunch of because they come together so quickly!

Hope you're making some fun Halloween treats too!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie B

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable idea! I've never seen the pumpkin spice kisses! I'll be out tomorrow trying to find 'em. TFS!

Unknown said...

I love these simple tutorials. I have tons of Sizzix to choose from when using your template/design. Thanks 'o)