Saturday, February 4, 2012

Stand-Up Double Pocket Picture Tutorial!


I got a few requests for the instructions and measurements for the cool little Stand-Up Double Pocket we made at my Technique Class yesterday. So here goes:



So I started with a 8" square of Designer Paper and folded it half to make a triangle.


Then lay the folded edge flush against the top edge of the Simply Scored. Score lines at 3 3/4" and 7 1/2".


Then turn it so the folded edge is flush against the left edge of the Simply Scored. Score at 3/4".


Crease all the score lines nice and crisp, and open the piece flat again.


Fold in the two sides.


Crease the middle section into an "M" fold (looking at it from the side).


Fold up the pocket sides and punch a hole in the center point. I used the Small Oval punch for this size.


Tie a ribbon through the holes and fill up your pockets!

So I was inspired to make this project when I saw a larger one made by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek. Hers was made with a 12" x 12" (instead of an 8" x 8") piece of Designer Paper. The score lines were 5 1/4" and 11 1/2" (instead of 3 1/4" and 7 1/2"). Then from fold line 1" (instead of 3/4").

I made the larger size too, and it's cool because it will fit the regular A2 sized cards and envelopes in the pockets, but it's a little awkward to score on the Simply Scored because it's so much longer at the fold line! I really liked making the little one though, and it's super cute with the 3" x 3" note cards!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie

13 comments:

Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek said...

I like your small one, too, Julie! Thanks for the shout-out.

Tracy said...

Thanks for sharing the quick & easy tutorial!! Can't wait to try this smaller version :)

mary said...

Thanks so much Julie. I couldn't wait so I worked one out with a 7x7 sheet of paper and it worked just fine too! I love it!

Paula said...

thank you so much for posting these instructions. This is just the cutest thing. Looks harder than it is.

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

This is adorable and so easy to make!! Thanks for your great instructions!!

scrapayam said...

A great idea, thank you very much for the share

Marie M. said...

Thank you ! Here's mine : http://mariedoudou.wordpress.com/2012/07/11/mais-oui-mais-ouiiiiiiii-lecole-est-finie/

danielle said...

merci pour ce partage danielle

danielle said...

merci pour ce partage danielle

Nana4 said...

Thanks for sharing that is so cute. Could add lots of embellishments..thanks again.

Unknown said...

Ottima idea!!! Grazie 😉

Anonymous said...

I just found you on Pinterest. I just love this. Thinking of making for Christmas cards

Anonymous said...

Wanted something small to give our Ladies Circle at Church. This is perfect. Thank you