Sunday, February 26, 2012

Celebrate St. Patrick's Day!


Here's a card I made the other day (when I got my new Diagonal Plate for the Simply Scored). I made a shamrock out of three hearts die cut from the Fashionable Hearts Embosslit. And I decided to use the Celebrate from the Sale-A-Bration set Outlined Occasions. I used Lucky Limeade for my St. Patrick's Day green!



And here's a close up of the shamrock. If you look closer at the Lucky Limeade background piece, I used the Diagonal Plate on the Simply Scored tool to create a criss-cross embossed background! Kinda fun, huh?! I like the addition of any kind of texture to a plain colored background.

So who says you need to have any St. Patrick's Day stamps to make a St. Patrick's Day card?!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie

4 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great St. Patti's Day card Julie. I love that you used the new diagonal plate on it. I'm waiting for mine to come and anxious to try it out! Thanks for sharing.

Gertrude said...

I just copied your card. Thanks for the gorgeous idea. Cathey

Tracey Prieskorn said...

Beautiful Card Julie! I hope you don't mind but I did share your card on my pinterest.com board. I hope you don't mind. You might get some more traffic to your website because your website is listed. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Tracey
www.addictstamper.blogspot.com

Cindi said...

This is a beautiful clean card. Thank you. I re pined this