Friday, July 2, 2010

CASEing Mary Brown!


I was searching for some ideas to use the Friends Never Fade set and the Greenhouse Gala Papers on Stampin' Connection and I found this cool card done by Mary Brown. It really caught my eye with the paper piercer holes poked around the top edges of the design and the "bling!" The bling is just the pumpkin rhinestone brads - popping the crystal part out and mini glue-dotting them on! In the current catalog, we'll now be able to stick the "self-adhesive backed rhinestones" (can't wait for my first new order to try those!!).

I also liked the detail of rounding the bottom edge of each of the underneath layer pieces, and the Square Lattice Impressions textured red piece. Also, the rounded edge on the focal piece is done by sliding the cardstock through the Wide Oval Punch, leaving the bottom edge hanging out, and punching so that just the top gets punched. Nice details, but still simple effect on the white card base!


Have a great weekend,


Julie

1 comment:

Susan Byington said...

Very nice and crisp! I like it!