Sunday, June 19, 2011

Open Sea for Dad!


So, yep, here I waited until the morning of Father's Day to make Father's Day cards! Well, better on time (and I guess late for the one going in the mail!), than never!! I wanted to use the Open Sea set so it would coordinate with the Scrapbook Folio I made a couple weeks ago. So I'm CASing this one I found made by Renee Van Stralen, another SU! demo.

I love how this set is so classic, and you pretty much can't go too wrong with it! It's a great masculine set to have - what guy doesn't like something nautical? I just think it works for lots of male cards! And if you're going to buy the set, you gotta have the Nautical Expeditions Papers for the backgrounds.



The ship is so easy to watercolor (even for an amateur watercolorer like me!). And I made everything kind of vintage-y by sponging with Soft Suede.



Of course, my 'fav' linen thread is a cool easy "ribbon" for this card. And I had to finish off the top corner with some Espresso brads!


Hope you have a nice Father's Day Sunday!


Julie

2 comments: