Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter Lily Card!


I made this card for my hubby for Easter. It started out as a quick Easter card with a simple flower on it. Sure, just punch seven petals from the Blossom Petals Punch - sponge a little, put dots on them and stick them together with a few daffodil scraps in the middle. Hummm, didn't quite go that smoothly, but it all worked out!

I used the En Francais background stamp on the Crumb Cake piece. I love that stamp, but I kind of forget to use the background stamps now that we have the Embossing Folders.


Here's a close-up of the lily. It definitely makes this a no-envelope, not in the mail kind of card. But that's ok, it just went in the Easter basket!



And here's the tag, with the stamp from the All Holidays set. I used the small and large tag punches. And the ink color is Soft Suede (it made it more of a manly Easter card!). Actually I just love the vintage-y look of Soft Suede with Crumb Cake for ALL cards!!


I hope you have a wonderful Easter,


Julie

3 comments:

Mary said...

Julie, This is a beautiful card. Your husband is lucky to receive it. Keeps it in the house, too :)

Mary said...

BEAUTIFIL!!!

Unknown said...

This is really gorgeous!