Friday, July 13, 2012

Fold-over Apothecary Accent Treat and a Quick Tutorial!


This is a quick little treat holder I made that was super easy!  I used the new set, A Fitting Occasion, for the little circle accent parts. 
 

Here's the treat opened up - and with my all-time favorite candy inside, Gummy Bears!!  They're just stapled to the inside back part.  And here's how I made it:
 

I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-3/4" x 6-1/2".  Then I scored it at 3-1/8" and 3-3/8".  This is the base piece that I stapled the little Gummy Bear packet to the back of.  I also added some dots with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder for the front of the treat.


Then I used the Big Shot to die cut this piece from the Apothecary Accents Framelits set out of Wisteria Wonder.  I scored it down the middle at 2-1/2".  Then I used our FABULOUS new 'Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack' to give some dot accents to the edge of the Apothecary piece.


After I stapled the gummy bear pouch to the inside of the white piece, I glued the Apothecary piece to the back (it covered the staple!) and folded it over the front.  I added some Wisteria Baker's Twine and the circle layers to close it all up!  Fun and simple!  I especially love the new Apothecary Accents Framelits!!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie B
 

No comments: