Monday, January 31, 2011

Can Anyone Get Enough Crumb Cake?


...I guess not me!! I can't stop using Crumb Cake!! I just LOVE it! But, don't worry if you're coming to this Friday's Technique class, it won't all be in Crumb Cake.

Anyway, I was asked by a friend to make a 60th Birthday card. And, since there were no requests or preferences on what to make - I went to my favorites, Baja, Crumb and Soft Suede. I know, sorry to be boring in my color choices, but there's just something comforting and yummy in these colors to me!

I really wanted to use the Simple Numbers Big Shot dies to make the 60! And it made an easy stand-out focal point for the card. And I hadn't used my Top Note die for a while, so I busted it out too!


Then I decided to go for some new stuff, and I used one of the new Ribbon Roses (nice that they're all ready to go, just glue dot 'em on!). But I felt like it needed some "leaves," so I made them with 1/4" Celery grosgrain ribbon. And, I hope you can see in the picture that I Shimmer sprayed the background, the numbers and the banner piece. It's always hard to get the "shimmer" in the photo, but I thought it kinda worked this time.

And I used the "birthday wishes" from the the SAB set, So Happy for You. You can get this set (with 12 stamps) for FREE with a $50 order right now - How Cool is that?!


Finally, on the left side of the card, I added a Bold Ribbon statement with the Striped Grosgrain and a BIG button! To get the scrunchy look with the wider ribbon, it worked better to double-up the Sticky Strip row before scrunching - it just helps it stick down better.


I hope the recipient likes the card, and that all her 60 birthday wishes come true!


Thanks for checking it out,


Julie

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Love it, Julie! The ribbon leaves are very creative! And thanks for the tip about using double sticky strip with the wide ribbon!

Yolanda said...

Very cute cards! I am following you from SC. #295. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com