Friday, August 28, 2009

I Couldn't Wait Any Longer!!



So, I had told you in post a few days ago that last weekend we made some awesome projects at my uplines' house. Well, most of them were from new products that will be offered in the new Holiday Mini catalog. And, since that catalog doesn't start until September 1st, I didn't want to tempt you too early. But...I couldn't wait any longer!


This is a card/treat that, once again, my friend Elizabeth made! And, this is one of my favorite things I can't wait to use in the new Mini Catalog - the Sweet Treat Cups, with all it's parts!! The Sweet Treat Cups are the little plastic thingys that hold the candy (it doesn't hold a huge amount of candy - but they are just the cutest and most clever thing to actually make yourself!). Then, the Halloween stamp that surrounds the cup is part of a new set called Sweet Centers. - And I LOVE this set because it has stamps that make these cups perfect for Halloween (the one shown above), Valentines (a heart), Christmas (an ornament topper), and just everyday (flower petals and leaves, and a hot air balloon). These are going to be so fun!! And the little cups are only 2.95 for 12 - about a quarter each! What can you get for a quarter anymore?!


Anyway, back to the cute Card/Treat Liz created - We sponged some Halloween colors, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive, onto the stamp itslef. Then we just stamped that onto Whisper White cardstock. Then we trimmed it down and roughed up the edges. Then we layered it all together, using some Dimensionals so there was enough sliding room for some Pixie Stix! And how cool is that?




You can bet we'll be making a card/treat with these at our next class!




Have a great weekend!




Julie


No comments: