Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Alex!

Happy Monday! Sure, it's a happy Monday for those of us who aren't going back to school today! Yesterday we celebrated Alex's 14th birthday, but it's not really until tomorrow. We had a small family barbeque, and I thought I'd share the card I made him. I used the new Extreme Elements and Extreme Skateboard sets. I also used Think Happy Thoughts for the circular Happy Birthday, and Wanted for the larger star inside the circle. I used the colors Soft Suede (I'm really liking this color a lot now - it goes with a lot!), Sahara Sand, Old Olive and Not Quite Navy.





The inside was fun (and quick!!) to do. I used the Stampin' Up! Pop-Up Look Here Big Shot die. A few turns of the Big Shot handle and this super fun gift card holder inside was created. I'm not sure it was made to hold four gift cards (it was a bargain buy from Cotsco), but it held together! I coordinated the stamping on the inside to match the card front.






Thanks for stopping by! My goal this week is to post something everyday - so I hope you'll check back! - You know when you put it into writing it makes you have to stick to it. So we'll see if that works!!








Happy Stamping!







Julie














No comments: