Sunday, August 2, 2009

Convention Swap Card



This Wednesday I'll be leaving for the Stampin' Up! Convention, so here I am finally working on cards that I'll swap when I'm there. Every year I wait till almost the last minute before I get started on making them. I think I;m always going to be one of those "work better under pressure" kind of people. No matter How much I plan in advance, it just seems like things come together better for me later than earlier. Anyway, we just make card "fronts" for general swapping at Convention. And even though it always a real mixed bag of swaps you get in return (cause we all do have different styles and perceptions of what's "nice"!!) - I really do like the swapping! It wouldn't be the same Convention experience without it! So, even with my procrastination, I'm almost done with 60 of the card fronts above and I'm going to create one more design. We'll see how many I get done, hopefully at least 100 all together.






This card isn't anything new, but it's all current! The card is Old Olive, Barely Banana, and Chocolate Chip. The set I used is Cheep Talk. Even thought there lots of pieces in the set, I used the smallest parts. I really like that little pear - and I like how it ended up fitting just right into the large oval punch! I wasn't super happy with how the size of the "hello there" fit onto the card front - and I thought of using a bigger size saying - but I do like to show how your card can be made from only stamps that come in one set.






Well, off to get busy on more stamping!! Thanks for stopping by,









Julie

No comments: