Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dasher!!



Today, I spent most of the day at my upline, Tami's house. What a fun way to spend the day!! I don't know how a Sunday could have been much better than this??! We made cards, talked about the great times we had at Convention, and made more NEW awesome and stunning cards (you'll definitely be seeing more in the days to come!)!!




This card was one of eight make and takes we made, which focused on the new products coming out on September 1st. It was one of my favorites, because it was easy, but awesome!! And, the "set" we used on this one is actually one of the single set stamps (Page 208 of the catalog) - Dasher!! He is only $8.95, and very popular! I think he is one of the top sellers in the catalog, according to Stampin' Up!'s sales fron the current catalog so far (I don't think I made that up either - someone (?!) at Convention said that!)! Anyway, back to the card - my friend Elizabeth designed this card.




It was stamped with Dasher in Soft Suede, and the greetings set Grateful Greetings (which will be availbale Sept. 1st in the Holiday Mini). Then she used a Big Shot Die, Swirly, and made a template out of it. We sponged Brocade Blue on the template to create the 'swirly' and snowy hill that he stands on. Then, of course, what would a Christmas card be without glitter?! So, of course, some glitter on his antlers! And, I know on Liz's original she added a little better detail with sponging and some of the new Shimmer Paint - you'll LOVE!! - but it's not very evident in my picture. This is definitely an easy, but WOW! card!




We also made some other AWESOME projects that I can't wait to show you - from the Holiday Mini! New products...New sets...New product Lines coming in the Holiday Mini!




There will be more samples to come, and some COOL Halloween ideas (I'm not just skipping right to Christmas! I have lots of Fall and Halloween ideas to show too!); so, be sure to stop by again soon!




Have a good one,




Julie



No comments: