Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas and a Sneak Peek!





So, here I am still figuring out what my Christmas cards will be this year!!? I put together lots of designs for classes and see a lot of great ideas online, but I always have to make mine a little bit different. So I'm always tweaking things around till the last minute (and past!!). Since I bought some of the new Occasions sets that will be released in January, I was looking online at what others were doing with their sets, and I found a similar idea with the new I {Heart} Hearts set. I liked how the heart was used with love, but then ADDING Christmas to it. Anyway, not sure I'll remake this one for a big bunch, but I do think it's pretty cute.


Here are the details - the holly is from the Christmas Classics set; it's stamped out twice and cut out separately, olive and red. Both of the hearts are from the I {Heart} Hearts set. And, the little one is punched out with one of the new punches! The "Christmas" word comes from the Fundamental Phrases set, and is punched out with the Word Window punch. There are lots of layers, but one of my new favorite things is on the base of the card - it's a new Embossing Folder!! It's called Perfect Polka Dots - and they're perfect alright! Love them!


There are a few more steps and punches, but you could probably figure them out - I think this won't be my Christmas card this year, only because it will be too time-consuming to re-create for bunches of them, but I still like it.


Can't wait to share more details of what's coming in January, but for now I better keep focus on Christmas card completion!!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie




No comments: