Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Card for Mailing and my Helper!


Today I didn't have very much time for stamping, but I wanted to get a few quick cards ready to mail for Easter (yep, it's right around the corner!). When I know I'm going to be mailing a card, I usually go pretty simple. And usually not too many extras, like thicker ribbon, bling or buttons... ya know?! (Mostly just because I'm too lazy to go into the post office, wait in line, get it weighed and checked for lumps...)

So this was my quick and flat mailing card! I really like this girly silhouette image from the Easter Blossoms set - she's cute and super easy to stamp! I used the D size acrylic block for the shadow behind her. And I used Seam Binding - great for easy-to-mail cards!


And here's part of why I didn't have as much time for stamping today - Benny got a butch! I took him to the groomer, and he hadn't had a hair cut for almost six months - he was starting to look like a hippie! He probably wasn't too sad about having all that hair on him since the Spring weather still isn't quite here. But I like to get his hair cut really short - he just seems happier, and I think he looks pretty cute, kinda perkier or something!

For those of you that haven't met him yet, Benny's been my little helper since Jessie moved out. He had always been just Jessie's dog, but we've become good friends over the past couple years. He helps me deliver stamp orders, and he even has his own bed in the stamp room now! And most of all he's a good listener when there's no one else home to talk to!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie


3 comments:

Patrice H said...

Hi Julie, Just wanted to say thanks so much for stopping by My Little Patch of
Dirt. I took a few minutes to check out your blog and boy are you talented!!!! I Love Your Work! Oh PS your little fella is adorable he looks so cute with his new hair cut! Stop by again any time.

Agustina said...

Nice card! love stamping with a block it looks so cool! Your little helper is so cute!!

Julie B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.