Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Two Tags Pumpkin!


I found this cute idea from another demonstrator, Libby Fens. I think her original was made from two tags run through the Big Shot with the Two Tags Big Shot die., and then stuck together on the two bottom edges. I've made one like that before, and it was super easy!

But, as I was making one of my own this time, and then thinking of making quite a few more, I realized that I could save some work by folding the card stock in half before running it through the Big Shot.



So I took a piece of pumpkin pie card stock, 3" x 7", and folded in half 3" x 3 1/2". Then I laid it on the die so that the loose ends were just above the rounded edge of the tag shape, and the folded edge is about 1" above the edge of the tag bottom. By doing it this way, I saved a little card stock plus the time of sticking the bottom halves together!

The score lines made by the die still go through and make the bottom (to put some candy onto!). Then the rounded edges still fold up and meet to make the top of the pumpkin's head! I also ran it through the Paper Crimper to give it the pumpkin "lines."

The pumpkin's face was made with the Autumn Harvest stamp!


Julie

1 comment:

Juliet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.