Saturday, January 16, 2010

One of my Leadership Swaps


Just a quick post to show you one of the swaps I made for the Leadership Conference. I really love the new bird punch and wanted to use it for a swap. So we had a planned swap with a small group and I made only about 10 of these.

A lot of the details are hard to see in the picture, but I used Frost White Shimmer Paint with alcohol to spray the Kraft background. I also used the Stampin Up! Backgrounds 1 Texturz plates to emboss that same piece (if you came to Friday's Technique class - that's what we did!). And I also used the Bella Bleu DSP to highlight the bird's wing and the little edge under the Soft Suede ribbon. And, most of all, one of my favorite part of the card is the overall color combination - Soft Suede, Kraft and Bordering Blue (I also used some Naturals Ivory). Such calming and pretty colors - and I love that the combination can be used for women, men, any kind of card or project - just nice!!

Hope you're having a great weekend!


Julie


PS - The saying is from the new set, Vintage Vogue! Beautiful new set that you'll see more of the parts VERY soon!

No comments: