Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Very Thankful Card



This is the first of four cards I'm making for a swap I'm participating in. Sometimes the first card is the easiest because you have something already in your mind - unfortunately that WASN'T the case in starting this card!! Seriously, it was just one of those days where nothing looked right! I was tempted - many times! - to just set it all aside until another day, but I finally put htis together and I'm pretty happy with it. I think what helped was finding the background papers, Nouveau Chic, that helped me coordinate it. It may be a little hard to see, but the Sage Shadow piece has little bits of Apricot Appeal in it - so that helped in creating the background "watercolor wash" on the focal piece. It was done on Shimmery White, which in person gives it a nice subtle sparkly look.





Anyway, the set I used is the Very Thankful set, the Ronald McDonald charity set for this catalog year! It is quite a varied set!! You'll find it on the back inside cover of the catalog - and hopefully I'll be posting some more samples with it very soon!!
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie

No comments: