Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mom's Birthday Card

Friday was my mom's birthday, and although her gift is still on it's way back from Italy, I did make her this card. I did cheat and use my Retired Kiwi Kiss background paper and cardstock for the little leaves. This was my first try at the "Re-inker" watercolor technique, which I hope to have us do at an upcoming Technique Class! I liked how it turned out in the end, but it was really a process! I first white-embossed the Fifth Avenue flower onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Then I used my Aquapainter to spread water all over the flower - creating puddles in all of the sections of the flower. Then I picked up color with the Aquapainter (you can use direct re-inkers for deeper color, but I used color from the lid of each Stamp pad). I used Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink and Summer Sun. Then the "process" part comes in! My colors started to blend together A LOT, so I finally stopped messing with it and just let it dry. But that's where it became cool. As it dried, the colors all pooled into different areas amd then they kind of "mellowed out." The colors looked clearer and eventually it took about 20 minutes to completely dry. Then I cut it out and layered it with LOTS of dimensionals onto the rest of the card.

Hope you're having a good weekend - staying cool!!

Julie


No comments: