Monday, February 9, 2009

Simple Friendship


Here's a card I created using the new set Simple Friendship. I participate in a swap with some of my demonstrator friends. We each choose a set from the new catalog (or new mini catalogs when they come out), and then we each make four different cards to swap. We end up with four cards from eight different sets - it's cool!! I so look forward to making them, and especially receiving everyone else's in the mail! So, this is my first of the four for this set. It's pretty simple stamping, just a few layers. I used the Urban Garden Designer Series Papers, which isn't new to the Spring/Summer catalog, but I really liked it with the chocolate and Ivory Naturals. I haven't used the Naturals cardstock in a long time, but it sure gives a softer and mellower look! I also added Chocolate Chip Grosgrain to one of the clips from the Clips Assortment set that was introduced in the Fall/Winter catalog (they are still in the current catalog too). I had a little stack of them, but was having a hard time figuring out how to "cutsey" them up, until I got some cards form my good friend Liz (she had the clip on one of her cards too!). It's always great to have inspiring stampin' friends!
Hope you have a good week!
Julie

No comments: