Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday!


Here's one of the cards I made over the past week - when I had some time off work! I used the Sweet Always Designer Series Papers to guide my color choices. And, my awesome upline, Tami, gifted me the Stampin' Up! Big Bold Cupcakes Sizzlet 4-pack. (I'm so loving the Big Shot and all the new options we have for it now!) I kinda went basic on the cupcake and the sprinkles (sprinkles were made with the double rectangle punch and some scrap cardstock in the same colors). I probably could have added the candles - which are part of the Sizzlets 4-pack. Anyway, I got a little carried away with the layers and the circle layers - using the set Sweet Celebrations - but, I think overall I was happy with it in the end! I used some Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain to "tie" it off! Also, you can't see it in the picture, but I scored some vertical lines in the Close to Cocoa cupcake base to make it look like a real cupcake.
Hope you had a Happy Monday - mine was the first day back to school after a week off - kinda hard to feel back in the groove!
Thanks for stopping by~
Julie

No comments: