Monday, January 12, 2009

Quick Thank Yous

I have been a bad, bad girl. Being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, with tons of awesome stamps and supplies, I should have no excuse for not having Thank You cards on hand at ALL times, right?! Well, there is always time as an excuse, but honestly... Sometimes I feel like every card has to be some masterpiece work of art! So, a lot of times I spend way too much time looking for ideas, rather than just making something.







Well, last night was the dreaded Sunday night, 9:30pm with Math tests to correct, and Thank You notes from school Christmas gifts I received still not written. (OK, so in my own defense, I did just get the gifts last Monday - so it has ONLY been a week!) Anyway, I did start with correcting the Math Tests first. Like the golden rule - work before play - Math tests felt like the work before the Thank yous, that was the fun stuff!!





And, they really did turn out to be fun... I finally just thought, you know the important part is that I get the Thank you out there, not that each card has to be some kind of a masterpiece! (Finally, back to my original train of thought here!) Anyway, I felt a little proud of myself, if I must say so... I took out four sheets of cardstock, about a half a sheet of Designer Series Papers, a coordinating ribbon roll, a Thank You stamp (Thank You Kindly stamp set), a basic brown pad, my trimmer and a 1/8" hole punch - and I went to town. I made eight thank yous, not over the top, but not too unfortunate-looking either. Honestly, they were done in about 15 minutes.




So, I feel a little more inspired to maybe think of just sitting down every once in a while, bust a few quick cards - even leave room for a saying on the front so they can be ready to go for any occasion. Just remember they don't always have to be that masterpiece creation!







Hope your week is off to a good start! Thanks for stopping by~




Julie


1 comment:

Ladd Lane Lass said...

Thank you for the permission not to make a masterpiece everytime. I feel like everytime I make a card it has to be bigger and better than the last, as if I was in competition with myself! It always takes me more time to figure out how the card is going to look like rather than the actual time it takes to make it. One time it took two hours of trying to figure a color scheme that I just gave up and didn't make a card at all.
Next time I will just try to relax and relish the pure joy of just putting together a card for fun!
Ladd Lane Lass