Friday, November 30, 2012

A Belated Birthday!


Only about a week late, but here's a card I made for one of my nephews for his birthday.  I LOVE this Happy Birthday saying for 'boy' or 'man' cards!  If you didn't already get it in the set You're Amazing in the main catalog, you're in luck. You can get the single stamp all on it's own. - It's a great one to have!!
 

I used one of the Framelit pieces from the Apothecary Accents set to layer the saying onto. And typically, I would have probably put a brad or something 3-D onto the rounded ends, but I wanted to keep the card as flat as possible (it's going into the mail!). So I just cut some slits to feed some Seam Binding ribbon through.
 

On the left side I fed the ends out, and then just fishtail cut it. It needed a little something more, so I tied around some Linen Thread - a little Linen Thread always does a project good! - and it still keeps it flat too! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


Julie B

No comments: