Sunday, June 4, 2023

Creation Station Hop - Beach Life!

 

Welcome to Just Julie B Stampin'! And welcome to the Creation Station Blog Hop for the month of June. This month we've got some Beach Life creations for you! I Love the beach and everything coastal! But the card I made is more like 'headed to the beach!' 


I mostly used the On the Ocean Die Set to create this fairly simple card. I have to admit that I saw this set of dies along with the bundle in the last Mini Catalog and decided that I didn't want it. But then when I saw just the die set in the back section of the new Annual Catalog, I was a little more drawn to it. I like dies that can be stand alone (when you don't have to have the coordinating stamp set). - But yes, I did end up getting the stamp set too (because I know I'll NEED it one day) - Haha!!


I Love that the pieces were very easy - 3 main pieces. I did emboss the sails and trim in between them before adding them to the mast. And maybe you can tell in the picture above, but I glued down the hull, but then added Dimensionals for the mast, flag and the ocean water to set things off a little nicer!  


I just Love, Love, Love the white detail over the Night of Navy waves! I think it really sets off the water and brightens the whole look of the card!

And one other unexpected thing - the background paper I chose was from the Bright & Beautiful 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper pack! Those papers have a lot of versatility in them! I Love how this piece looks like an ocean background.

I hope you enjoyed your stop by, and I can't wait to see what Barb has in store for us next -


See you soon,

Julie B

4 comments:

Mikaela Titheridge, The Crafty oINK Pen said...

I absolutely love your embossed sails ... they give such character to the ship. A wonderful piece of inspiration and one that really does tempt me into buying this bundle xx

BarbP said...

The small pop of red here is truly what brings it all together for me. Well done!

Denita Wright-Smee said...

Your ship is a beauty. Great colours, textures and a wonderful card. D x

The Creative Teacup - Yvonne Spikmans - Van Bruggen said...

Great FathersDay card! Love the textures on it 🌺☕️