Sunday, August 6, 2017

Creation Station Blog Hop - August in My Neighborhood!


Welcome to Creation Station's Blog Hop for the month of August! Our theme this month is 'August in My Neighborhood' - and the first thing that comes to mind for me is family birthdays! And, in particular, we have a lot of male birthdays this month. For me, a masculine card is sometimes a challenge because I feel like simplicity in design is a good idea, but I don't want it to be too boring...


So, for one of the cards I have ready for this month of masculine birthdays, I started with the Happy Birthday Thinlits die. I think this is a 'must-have'!! I die cut it from Silver Foil for the focal point of the card. 


Besides the two die cuts that I used for the background of the card front, I also layered the Silver Foil piece onto two more Island Indigo die cuts to give it a little bit of thickness and some added dimension. 


I also added two Island Indigo punched balloons onto the background, a subtle but added detail. 


And each of the balloons have a Silver Thread for the balloon string - again, subtle, but an added detail!


And finally, a simple greeting inside the card!

I hope you enjoyed your stop here, and I can't wait to see what's happening in the rest of the hop!! Here are your choices from here -  



Enjoy,


Julie B

3 comments:

Sara Nell Langland said...

Love your use of the Happy Birthday thinlits die--such a great card!

kkstamper said...

I love the tone-on-tone dimensional behind your silver Happy Birthday focal point! Your subtle silver additions are inspired! xoKathyxo

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Male cards are always difficult, but love the idea of using the Birthday thinlits on a masculine card! Really great!