Sunday, October 2, 2016

Creation Station Blog Hop - To Die For!


Welcome to Creation Station's Blog Hop for October! Our mission was to show you ways to use Framelits Dies in ways that aren't necessarily the straight forward, typical use - but maybe something a little out-of-the-box! So I paired the idea with some fun, Halloween ideas~


I used the Lots of Labels Framelits as my base for the project! - And I used it in a pretty typical way on the card front. But then, I also used it to create a little Hershey's Kiss treat holder...


On the card, I used the #5 Lots of Labels Framelit to create a spot for the Suite Sayings sentiment. I also used the Brick Wall TIEF for the background, a little Halloween Night Specialty DSP and some Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper for a little extra touch of somethin' somethin'... But the star of the card front is the Skeleton from the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set... 


He's simply stamped in Basic Black, with his little Pumpkin Pie bow tie - all punched so easily with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch!


And my favorite part of the project is the Treat Holder (cuz everybody likes a little treat!). It's a die cut from #7 (the largest) Lots of Labels Framelit using Basic Black Cardstock. And it holds three Hershey Kisses~


Here's a quick tutorial - Place the 90 degree corner at 1-1/16" and score. Then turn 180 degrees and do the same from the other 1-1/16" corner. You'll end up with a 1" section in the middle.


On the middle section, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere three Hershey Kisses! - Super easy! Fold up the sides, tie the top together, and add all the cute stuff on the front - tahdah!!


Hope you like my project! And I hope you enjoy the rest of the hop...




Thanks for stopping by,


Julie B

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the candy kiss holder. Great idea...

kkstamper said...

Julie: I love your treat holders--such a clever way to use the dies! And you're a genius for thinking of holding the kisses to the holder with a Stampin' Dimensional!! xoKathyxo

Mikaela Titheridge said...

Oh I love your little Candy Kiss holder. These are great little treat holders that I can see me recreating in some way. Thanks for sharing x

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a great way to make use of the Lots of Labels framelits! The treat and card are just too cute!