Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Pop of Birthday Brightness!


I've been fighting a little cough/cold/sore throat thing the last few days, and today after finally getting a good night's sleep, I got up and really wanted to make a card! I guess I'm feeling better! So I searched around (for probably a little too long!) on blogs for a Challenge to help motivate me.

I found this Sketch Challenge from Stampin' Royalty, and I really liked the simplicity of the layout.

Then after looking around (a little too long again!!), I found this color combination that I really liked!! It comes from this blog. So I was excited to get going....


I pretty much stayed with the Sketch, but my colors got a little skewed! I used Perfect Plum for Lilac and Vanilla instead of White.

I used one of the stamps from the new Bring On the Cake set. I got this set right when the Mini Catalog came out! I love having lots of options for birthday cards!!


In the middle of making the card, my daughter came in to check on what I was doing. I had most of the pieces ready to put together. But she gave me the idea to add the little edge of Victoria Crochet Trim under the Vanilla Satin - I love the girlie-ness that added!


I had a little lucky break when I made this oval with the Ovals Big Shot die. On a random piece of Vanilla, I had all the stamping and little Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border piece, with the pearls already stuck on all cute and ready to go - when I realized that I wanted it oval shaped. Ugh! Usually trying to punch or cut something with that all done - you know a mistake is ready to happen!!

But I got lucky and laid the stamped, ready to go piece onto the Ovals die (tried to center it), and then ran it through the Big Shot (even with the little pearls and all) - and my lucky day - it came out Centered, and with all the pearls still on!! Not something I recommend trying often though!

Anyway, I added the Crumb Cake Seam binding between the two oval layers - and I like that little frilliness too! And of course, just a "bit" of Shimmer Spray!


Have a great weekend,


Julie

PS. I'll try to post again tonight - I'm excited to say that I got a Blog Award!!

4 comments:

Agustina said...

I like this card!!! Great job and I love how all the colors look together! Congrats on your award!!!

Julie Leblanc said...

I have a little award for you... tfs!

http://www.kewlstamps-n-more.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award-thank-you-amy.html

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE what you've done with the sketch and that little, ruffly, stamped panel! Thank you so much for playing along with our Color Cue this month!

LeroyLime said...

your seam binding behind the cake is too fun! Always love a little bit of good advise from our girlies! :) Lovely card!